A propos de Joe Wright

Page 1 sur 2 1, 2  Suivant

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

A propos de Joe Wright

Message  Luce le Mar 4 Sep 2012 - 7:26

'Anna Karenina' Director Joe Wright Making Stage-Directing Debut at Donmar Warehouse (The Wrap, 3 septembre 2012)
Joe Wright, the Golden Globe-nominated director of "Atonement" and the upcoming "Anna Karenina," will make his stage-directing debut at London's Donmar Warehouse with Arthur Wing Pinero's "Trelawny of the Wells."
The 1898-period comedy revolves around an actress who tries to give up the stage to marry but has a hard time adjusting to life outside the theater. The production will run Feb. 15 to April 13, 2013, at the Donmar in Covent Garden.
Intéressant à plus d'un titre ! Wink
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: A propos de Joe Wright

Message  Luce le Mar 4 Sep 2012 - 8:52

Joe Wright directs ‘love letter to actors’ (What's On Stage, 3 septembre 2012)
Wright, whose film directing credits include Pride and Prejudice, Atonement and Anna Karenina, is the son of Little Angel Theatre founders John and Lyndie Wright, though has never before directed for the stage.

Josie Rourke said of the production: “It feels very apt that having grown up in a theatre... Joe should be directing Trelawny of the Wells, as it's a play set in that corner of London, and a love letter to actors and life in the theatre.”

Pinero’s 1898 play centres on a Victorian actress who renounces her love of theatre in order to marry an aristocrat. His family are less convinced of her charms, however, and her challenge to their dreary, snobby existence shocks them to their core.

Casting for the Donmar revival is still to be announced, but the production will be designed by Hildegard Bechtler and feature music by the Donmar’s in-house composer Michael Bruce.
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce le Mar 11 Sep 2012 - 17:31

Donmar theatre offers chance to take the best seats in the house for just £10 ( London Evening Standard, 3 septembre 2012)
Film director Joe Wright, whose stage debut is part of the Donmar’s new season, applauded the scheme, saying: “It’s very important theatre is an inclusive experience.”...Wright, 40, whose parents founded the Little Angel puppet theatre company in Islington, will direct the 1898 comedy Trelawny of the Wells, by Arthur Wing Pinero, at the Donmar in February. It is about a famous young actress who tries giving up her life on the stage for an aristocratic suitor.

The director of Atonement and Anna Karenina — which premieres tomorrow — said it would be lovely to do “something in joy”. “To do something that is really fun was very appealing. I love comedy and it’s not something I’ve done very much.” Working in theatre was a long-incubated plan, he said: “In my teenage years, I rebelled against the family trade and went off and made film. It’s not much of a rebellion to some people but it felt like one to me.

“I always had a feeling I would come back and I’ve been trying to find the right opportunity.”

He added that he liked having his audience in the room. “In film, you need to fill every square inch of the frame to create the illusion of reality. In theatre, the audience are required to do a lot of that themselves, so it’s a very active process. There’s a magical imagination in place.”

He recalled how one audience mistakenly believed that his parents, John and Lyndie, had changed the head of a puppet in their version of The Little Mermaid as she moved from joy to sadness. “But it was simply the audience projecting their own emotions,” he said.

Wright said he was also looking forward to the longer rehearsal period available in the theatre.

However, he will not be casting Keira Knightley, his star in both Atonement and Anna Karenina. “I have to give her a break sometimes,” he said.
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

The Directors & Their Muses: Joe Wright & Keira Knightley

Message  Marina le Sam 22 Sep 2012 - 11:17

Video at snacktv.de, (21.9.2012)
Marina
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Inattendu

Message  Luce le Ven 19 Oct 2012 - 21:13

Atonement and Anna Karenina film director Joe Wright takes to the stage (The Guardian, 17 octobre 2012)

Joe Wright doit bientôt monter Une saison au Congo d'Aimé Césaire ? A suivre ...

Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Marina le Dim 21 Oct 2012 - 15:36

Marina
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce le Dim 21 Oct 2012 - 19:46

Sur le site du Young Vic :
A Season in the Congo
by Aimé Césaire
6 July - 10 August 2013
BAFTA Award winning director Joe Wright (Anna Karenina, Atonement, Pride & Prejudice) directs Olivier Award winner Chiwetel Ejiofor (Othello at the Donmar Warehouse, Children of Men, Dirty Pretty Things) in the UK premiere of an epic retelling of a vibrant nation’s turbulent first year of freedom.

Bursting with music and dance, this gripping drama charts the rise and fall of legendary leader Patrice Lumumba, whose passionate determination to free his people from Belgian rule inspired great courage and betrayal.
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce le Mer 31 Oct 2012 - 21:19

Pendant ce temps, l'annonce de "Trelawny of the Wells", à Donmar Warehouse, a disparu et Jamie Beamish, sur son site, (voir ici) ne présente plus la pièce en "real soon" sur sa première page...

Edit : Embarassed J'ai dû avoir la berlue.
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce le Mer 21 Nov 2012 - 16:38

La distribution de Trelawny of the Walls dans la mise en scène de Joe Wright, à Donmar Warehouse.
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Trelawny of the Walls

Message  Luce le Dim 6 Jan 2013 - 20:51

Daniel Mays is going straight...straight to a camp comedy, that is (The Independent, 6 janvier 2013)
He's begun rehearsals for his next London play, the Donmar Warehouse's production of Arthur Wing Pinero's 1898 comedy Trelawny of the Wells. It's being directed by the British film-maker Joe Wright – his first play after a run of acclaimed movies including Pride & Prejudice, Atonement and the recent Anna Karenina.
At the time of our meeting he was yet to get his teeth into the Joe Wright production. With performances as intense as his, Mays has to consider one job, one play, at a time. But he knows Trelawny of the Wells will be a cracking job, not least because the adaptation has been written by actor-turned-screenwriter-and-playwright Patrick Marber (Closer, Notes on a Scandal).

"I didn't know the play," he admits, "but it's a celebration of the theatre and acting. It's about a not-so-good acting company in Sadler's Wells, and I've got to play a melodramatic, over-the-top actor called Ferdinand Gadd. I'm like, 'Why the fuck is Joe phoning me for that part?'" he jokes. "'Joe, you're off your head!'

"Nah," he smiles, "it'll be great. It's Joe innit, so he's gonna do something radical with it. I think he's gonna use lots of music, lots of songs."

His experience on 2007's Atonement, in which he played a squaddie straggler who falls in with McAvoy in occupied France, feels a long time ago. "But it was incredible. And of course Joe is one of those people you wanna have on your side. It's been great that he's asked me to come back so we can create something together again."

What does he think he learnt making Atonement? "Joe would throw a curveball at you. He's a director who demands everything from you. You've got to be on your toes. One day I remember the phone in the hotel going at seven in the morning. And it was Joe: 'Listen Danny, can you meet me in reception in 10 minutes, I've got something to show you.' He gave me this monologue that Anthony Minghella had written. And we used it in the film – remember when my character is just spouting all that shit? He was somebody who, the way he dealt with his fear and the experience of war, was to just talk, talk, talk, talk. And Joe said, 'Right, can you learn that within an hour? Cos this is the first scene up.' I was like, 'You're kidding me?' So I had to run back to my room and get stuck in."
Très intéressant sur Atonement aussi. Very Happy
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Calendrier

Message  Luce le Dim 6 Jan 2013 - 21:00

2013: The 100 cultural things you should know
28) Joe Wright changes tack Best known for his Oscar-nominated adaptations of Atonement and Pride and Prejudice, film director Wright turns to theatre, directing the romance Trelawny of the Wells (Donmar, Feb 15 – April 13) then A Season in the Congo, about independence leader Patrice Lumumba (Young Vic, July 6 – Aug 10).

Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce le Mar 15 Jan 2013 - 17:00

Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Répétitions de Trelawny of the Wells

Message  Luce le Ven 8 Fév 2013 - 16:00

Tweets : photo1 et photo 2.
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce le Jeu 14 Fév 2013 - 15:13

In rehearsals: Trelawny Of The Wells (Official London Theatre, 11 février 2013)

Feel the fear: Joe Wright's theatre debut (The Telegraph, 14 février 2013) Very Happy
Joe Wright, who has scored hits on screen with Anna Karenina and Pride & Prejudice, talks about the terrifying prospect of directing his first stage play, Trelawny of the Wells
After Trelawny of the Wells, he will be directing a very different play at the Young Vic in July. Aimé Césaire’s A Season in the Congo tells the story of Patrice Lumumba, the charismatic leader who guided his country to independence from Belgium in 1960 and became the Democratic Republic of Congo’s first prime minister, but paid with his life soon after. Chiwetel Ejiofor will star as Lumumba, his first London stage role since his acclaimed Othello in 2007.

'My parents were both South African, so I’ve had an interest in African politics and post-colonial politics for some time,’ Wright explains. 'And Lumumba is a strangely lost hero. He really should be up there with Che Guevara. So it’s a play and time that fascinates me, with an actor that fascinates me.’

He had been talking quite casually about his new role in the theatre, but suddenly the magnitude of it all seems to hit him. 'It’s terrifying!’ he wails, covering his face with his hands. 'What am I doing? Why do I put myself through it? I was quite a good furniture restorer!’

Then he laughs, saying that in the end he does it because he loves it.
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce le Mer 20 Fév 2013 - 14:29

Trelawny of the Wells. Photos des acteurs en répétitions.
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce le Mer 20 Fév 2013 - 14:39

Daniel Mays : Bigg-ing it up (The Irish World, 9 février 2013)
Daniel, from Essex, can be seen in Trelawny of the Wells at The Donmar Warehouse from February 15 which sees him working once again with Joe Wright who directed him in Atonement: “The fact that Joe is directing it is the huge appeal for me really because obviously I worked with him a couple of years back. It’s his first ever stage play and he’s going to do something really radical with it, I think. He’s kind of a visionary. It’s kind of a Victorian comedy. It’s really good. I’m enjoying it.

Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Première critique

Message  Luce le Mer 20 Fév 2013 - 22:36

Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce le Jeu 21 Fév 2013 - 12:30

Director Joe Wright: 'I go nuts if I'm idle' (The Guardian, 20 février 2013)
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Marina le Mer 27 Fév 2013 - 13:35

Marina
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

New project ?

Message  Marina le Ven 1 Mar 2013 - 16:46

Joe Wright is making plans to adapt Neil Gaiman's forthcoming novel The Ocean at the End of the Lane for the big screen, Deadline reports. Set up at Focus Features, Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman will produce through their Playtone.
from comingsoon.net, ( February 28, 2013)
Marina
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce le Sam 2 Mar 2013 - 0:29

Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce le Lun 4 Mar 2013 - 20:12

Theatre review: Trelawny of the Wells - Here's to us, theatre people to the corps (The Independent, 3 mars 2013)

Joe Wright's 'charming' stage debut Trelawny of the Wells (The Week, 4 mars 2013)
Les critiques des principaux journaux.
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Une saison au Congo

Message  Luce le Mar 26 Mar 2013 - 20:30

Wright joins forces with Cherkaoui for Congo (Official London Theatre, 22 mars 2013). Cool

Casting Update For Young Vic's A SEASON IN THE CONGO (westend.broadwayworld.com, 22 mars 2013)
A Season in the Congo by Aimé Césaire is directed by Joe Wright. Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui co-directs the production with design by Lizzie Clachan, puppet direction by Sarah Wright, light by Jon Clark and dramaturgy by Ruth Little. Chiwetel Ejiofor plays Patrice Lumumba.
A Season in the Congo – cast announced! (Young Vic, 22 mars 2013)
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Trelawny of the Wells

Message  Luce le Sam 30 Mar 2013 - 9:34

Review: Trelawny of the Wells, by Arthur Wing Pinero (& Patrick Marber), at the Donmar Warehouse. ("Words, words, words." A theatre blog by Poly Gianniba, 21 février 2013) Cool
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Dates

Message  Luce le Mer 3 Avr 2013 - 17:33

News / 21.02.2013 CALL FOR DANCERS - A Season in the Congo (Compagnie Eastman- Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui.)
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Page 1 sur 2 1, 2  Suivant

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut